McAfee is a globally known cybersecurity industry that offers various advanced security tools and services. The plans of this program are available for various platforms. People can install the free plan or get the paid subscriptions.
Using this antivirus will prevent the system from malware. When the user is running the licensed Mcafee plan then he needs to renew it after the expiry. People often enable the auto-renewal feature which renews the McAfee automatically.
The renewal payment will be held on your provided bank details. Once you enable the auto-renewal, your plan will renew every year. If you are not using McAfee then disable the auto-renewal. The plan will not renew and you can run the tool till expiry.
Blocking auto-renewal service on McAfee antivirus
Users can block the auto-renewal service from the McAfee application or directly from the account. You can open McAfee’s account on any device and then disable the service.
- Open web and go to McAfee website
- Click on the homepage and go to My Account
- Login to McAfee antivirus account
- You will see the profile page
- Click on subscriptions
- Click on your McAfee plan and tap on the Cancel button
- Users will get the cancel McAfee confirmation window
Choose the Yes button and now the auto-renewal of McAfee will get disabled. Now you should go to your McAfee application and open the subscription page. Check the subscription days; you can run your McAfee till the provided date. You shouldn’t wait till expiry to cancel the subscription. Don’t worry about the McAfee license remaining days, you can access your program easily.
Steps to cancel McAfee subscription after auto-renewal
When the license of your McAfee antivirus is auto-renewed and the payment is deduced then check for a refund. But all the McAfee plans don’t have a refund policy. You have to check the details of your subscription for a refund. Users can only get a refund if they cancel their McAfee subscription within 30 days of auto-renewal. Whenever you get the auto-renewal email, cancel it immediately.
- Open a browser on any device
- Go to the McAfee website
- Click on My Account and log in to the account
- Go to the McAfee subscription page
- Hit on the Cancel button and then the user will get the refund wizard
- Click on Confirm button
Once you confirm the refund, the renewed plan will expire. Now the user can’t run the premium McAfee tools on his device. Go to the mail and check the confirmation email.
Cancel the auto-renewal of McAfee on Android device
McAfee application is also available for Android. You can easily search McAfee antivirus on the Play Store. Install its setup and you can use its freeware. It also has a premium service for Android. The user has to open the McAfee setup and select premium. You will see a form, provide all details and then enter banking details. After purchasing the subscription for McAfee, you can run the premium tools on your phone. But you should always disable the auto-renewal feature. If your McAfee for the phone is in auto-renewed mode then disable it.
- Close your McAfee antivirus and open the Play Store
- Hit on the Profile icon
- Select the Payments and Subscriptions option
- Choose Subscription page
- Users will see all installed programs
- Click on McAfee antivirus
- Scroll the page and go to the last
- Tap on the Cancel button
- Select the Yes option on confirmation and now the auto-renewal for McAfee is getting disabled. Now the user should go to his McAfee antivirus and check the subscription. Inspect the date of subscription expiry; run your premium McAfee antivirus tools till that provided date.
Disabling McAfee subscription on your iOS phone
McAfee offers internet and browser security tools to keep the device safe. When your McAfee for iOS is in auto-renewal mode then you should disable it. All the applications in iOS are managed by the App Store.
- Close McAfee antivirus application and open App Store
- Check Apple ID and open the Profile window
- Select the Subscription tab and go to McAfee
- Scroll and select the Cancel button
- Select No Thanks in the Pause Subscription option
Tap the Confirm button and now close the App store. Go to your McAfee and use its premium services until the provided expiry date.
You can renew your McAfee plan manually
This auto-renewal service is not available on every McAfee plan. When the license of your program expires but you need the tools then open the McAfee account. Check the subscription page for your plan. Select the Renew button next to Expired status and follow the screen. After renewing McAfee manually, you can again access the premium tools.