SAP is a global trading software company that includes enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management, supplier relationship management, and many others. SAP was started in 1972 in Waldorf, Germany, by five former engineers of IBM who wanted to provide standard software for business process integration. Today, SAP has over 437,000 customers and over 96,600 employees.
SAP reports that 92% of the world’s 2,000 Ford companies, as well as 98% of the top 100 brands, use SAP solutions. In addition, according to Dow Jones, 100% of the companies with the highest sustainability scores, also use SAP. To meet the business needs of skilled professionals, SAP implements an extensive certification program to ensure outstanding product and customer support and bridge IT skills gaps. Currently, the SAP Certification Program employs more than 350,000 SAP-certified professionals worldwide.
You must be aware that there are several modules of SAP. One of its modules is SAP FI (a part of the SAP FICO module). You can get practical experience on this module by referring to the SAP FI Online Training in India. The training will be conducted by industry experts with 10+ years of experience.
Levels of SAP certification:
SAP offers about 130 certifications, each of which is specific to SAP products. You can search for SAP certifications by-product, shipping method, solution category, and location on the company’s website. Certificates are usually issued at the associate, specialist, or professional level, which can be as follows:
- Associate certifications: These are intended for people who are new to SAP solutions and have learned about SAP technologies from training or tutorials.
- Specialist certifications: These certifications are based on the credentials of associate-level and identify professionals who are proficient in specific components or roles.
- Professional certifications: These certifications are focused on people who have a thorough knowledge of SAP solutions and have practical experience.
You do not need any skills, training, or other previous qualifications to get an associate and professional level certification. Candidates must have the qualifications of an associate-level to be able to obtain a professional title.
Top SAP certifications:
Because of the highly specialized nature of SAP certificates, there really is no “best”. But some SAP certifications suit your requirement much better than those with others. Since the availability of SAP certifications varies from country to country, we will discuss the top 10 SAP certifications offered mainly in the USA:
- System Security Architect
- SAP BW/4HANA 2.0 Delta
- An SAP Activate Project Manager
- SAP BW powered by HANA SPS12
- SAP Commerce Cloud 1905 Developer
- Data Integration with SAP Data Services 4.2
- Financials in SAP S/4HANA for SAP ERP Finance Experts
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2
- SAP Certified Product Support Specialist – SAP Commerce
- Reporting, Modeling, and Data Acquisition with SAP BW/4HANA 2.x
To know about any of these SAP certifications and have your skills groomed, you can refer to the SAP Online Training. Along with the theoretical knowledge, you will be provided the knowledge of live projects so that you can be industry-ready.
Advantages of getting the SAP certification:
There are various advantages of obtaining the SAP certification. One is that it is one of the leading certifications in the industry. In addition, the SAP products and services are certified by it. In this way, the certification value is maintained at a high level. The other major advantages of having an SAP certification are:
- Worldwide recognition.
- Best chance to upgrade.
- The prospect of a pay raise for the position.
- Increase confidence in performing various tasks based on SAP.
- All certifications are provided by SAP Education and the Licensing and Empowerment Impact Council.
Worth of getting SAP certified:
As per Burning Glass, the predicted growth for SAP developers over the next 10 years is 30.7%. The average salary for SAP Certification employees is $104,000, which indicates that such certifications are an important feature of high-paying, high-tech professions.
If you compare this with the average salary at SAP Consulting in the United States, obtained from two different sources – $83,974 per year (Source: Glassdoor.com) and $105,152 per year (Source: Salary.com), it almost increases. That means compensation of 30-60% is offered to candidates with a certificate.
In the current scenario, SAP processes define both small as well as large companies. This is one of the most profitable ERP channels that helps the company perform better in every way. SAP certification allows the specialist to better prepare for the increasing complexity of the workplace. In special cases, this is not only an advantage but also a special evaluation criterion.