We all know that exercise is completely beneficial for health and well being. Regular exercise helps to enhance cardiovascular health along with a healthy weight. But, in case of female fertility, too much exercise can be some tremendous impact. If you are facing low energy and do not have enough power to do basic work, it means you are in energy deficit.
Body weight and fat composition both plays an important role in infertility cases. As per study, almost 20 – 24.9 must be maintained for optimal fertility and regular ovulation. Body fat should be at least of 17% for menarche and 22% for maintaining of ovulation. Normally, people can do too much exercise but women who are in condition of fertility must do limited exercise!
Too Much Exercise Can Increase The Chances Of Infertility!
Yes, it is right to say that too much exercise can have negative impact on your fertility. Extra exercise suppresses the hormones responsible for ovulation and hormones related to appetite & consuming healthy fat.
Exercise is not bad but extra physical workout may be harmful for women. Men can do lots of exercise because it does not affect male fertility. But, too much physical workout can decrease the quality and quantity of their sperm.
Some Important Facts Need To Know About Exercise!
- Moderate exercise (for over an hour and less than 5 hours/week) helps to increase the fertility in all women.
- Aerobic exercise is good but if you are doing 7 or above hours in a week, it leads to increase the risk of ovulation problems.
- Strenuous exercise (more than 4 hours/week) may decrease IVF success rate also. This exercise includes power lifting, cross fit, racquetball, high-intensity interval training and running.
- Vigorous exercise leads to decrease infertility in women with normal weight.
Duration of Exercise
If you are doing exercise for more than 4 hours per week then reduce the duration now. As per study, 4 hours or less than 4 hours per week are enough to do exercise. It is better to do replace with some moderate exercise because it leads to increase fertility in all women.
However, overweight people can limit to 4 hours per week (if weight loss required). Extra weight also loses fertility level in women and losing 10% body weight can enhance fertility. It is better to avoid heavy exercises because heavy exercise needs more strength & power. If you are in an energy deficit, you must do moderate exercise which increases your fertility level. Moderate exercises may be:-
- Water aerobics
- Swimming laps
- Raking leaves
- Dancing fast (social)
Which Exercise Should Be Adopted In Case Of Obesity/Overweight?
Obesity is a bad sign for health and it is very important to reduce extra weight. Overweight not only arise diseases in body but also leads to decrease fertility level. Women, who want to lose weight, vigorous exercise can help to enhance their odds of getting pregnant. If you are obese or overweight then don’t need to take worry because strenuous exercise will not harm your fertility.
Additionally, diet also plays an important role along with obesity. If you are trying to lose weight then control on your eating habits and avoid junk foods. It is better to use healthy diets such as, whole grains, healthy fats, green vegetables, salad, liquid diets, lean proteins and much more. These items also help to improve the fertility level.
Some Recommendation for Exercise!
If you are exercise lover and don’t want to lose fertility, they must follow below steps. Here are three important tips and you can choose one of them-
- You can do 75 minutes of vigorous exercise in a week and strength exercises on two or more days a week that helps to develop muscles mass.
- Or you can also do the combination of moderate and vigorous aerobic exercise for two or more days in a week and strength exercises that helps to develop muscles mass.
- Or you can also do 150 minutes of moderate aerobic exercise for two or more days in a week and strength exercises that helps to develop muscles mass.
Above are the three tips and you can do one of these tips. Do according to your suitability and this will help you to stop losing infertility.
Finally, exercise is not bad for health but it should be done in right and limited manner. Especially for women, who have fear to lose fertility, must do exercise in required amount. In case of any confusion or query, you can contact to Best IVF Doctor in Bangalore if you are living in Bangalore. You can also search on internet nearest IVF doctor for better consultants. There, you will get right guidance in simple manner.