If your employer has sent you to work in Singapore, you could be eligible for a Singapore work visa, including the employment pass Singapore permit. What you need to know about eligibility for and applying for the EP is outlined below.
What is an employment pass?
The employment pass Singapore permit, also known as an EP, is a work visa issued by the Ministry of Manpower to overseas professional employees, managers, and owners or directors of Singaporean businesses. You will live and work in Singapore with this work visa.
The employment pass Singapore permit is normally valid for 1-2 years and can be renewed after that period. Using an EP also makes it easier to apply for permanent residency in Singapore.
What are the requirements for obtaining an employment pass?
To be eligible for a Singaporean job card, you must meet the following requirements:
- A monthly fixed salary of S$3,600 is needed. This style of scheme is common among recent graduates. More experienced applicants, on the other hand, may need a higher starting salary to be considered.
- Employed in a managerial, executive, or technical position.
- It is necessary to get a tertiary degree from a prestigious institution. A long career job history and a high wage, on the other hand, could be enough to compensate for a lack of qualifications.
Please note that these are just suggestions. Both applicants for job passes are reviewed by authorities before they are approved. The number of EPs that a Singapore-based corporation may have is unrestricted.
What papers do you file in order to qualify for a work permit?
- A completed employment pass Singapore application form signed by the Singapore company that will be hiring you.
- A copy of your most recent resume, as well as any professional certificates relevant to the position
- References/testimonials from previous employees
- A recent passport-size picture of yourself taken during the last three months is needed.
- A copy of the facts page of your passport
- A copy of the Singapore company’s industry profile that is recruiting
- A detailed description of the job duties
- A brief overview of the Singapore firm’s activities and products.
Additional supporting documentation, in addition to the eight documents mentioned above, could be required if needed. It still has to read those documents that aren’t written in English.
How do you apply for a job card, and how long will it take?
There are two ways to submit your application for an employment pass in Singapore:
- You can register electronically if the recruiting Singapore company has an EP online account. After three weeks of submission, authorities review online applications.
- You may also use a manual program to connect all supporting documents that you can’t connect online. After eight weeks of submission, the authority will evaluate manual applications.
The estimated turnaround time for your application can vary by several days or weeks. This is attributed to a number of reasons, including the recruiting company’s credentials, the applicant’s skills, and the availability of supporting evidence.
How will you know if your job pass is accepted, and how will you get it?
When your application for a work pass in Singapore is approved, the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) will send an In-Principle-Approval (IPA) letter to the company’s address in Singapore. After it is written, the IPA letter is valid for six months.
You must fly to Singapore and present a copy of the IPA letter, your passport, and all other documentation stated in the IPA letter in order to receive your pass. The authorities will issue you a one-time entry visa that will allow you to enter Singapore and receive your work permit.
You will be required to conduct a medical test and include the results when you obtain your work visa, according to your IPA letter. You have the choice of having the medical examination done in your home country or in Singapore when you arrive.
If you applied for these, you will get Dependent’s Passes and Long-Term Visit Passes for your relatives at the same time. Please keep in mind that until an EP application has received In-Principle-Approval, it is not complete. Please do not make any plans to relocate ahead of time.
You were able to get a work permit. Is it possible to bring your family with you?
If you receive a guaranteed monthly fixed salary of S$6000, you can. Spouses and children of Singaporeans with active work passes may apply for a Dependent’s Pass (DP) before or after the EP is authorized. When the EP application is authorized, dependent passes are automatically allowed, and they expire at the same time as the EP.
A Long-Term Visit Pass may be applied for by common-law parents, unmarried disabled children over 21 years old, and unmarried stepchildren under 21 years old of active EP holders. It enables them to stay in the country for a longer period of time. When the EP submission is authorized, LTVPs, like DPs, are automatically accepted and expire at the same time as the EP.
The LTVP is open to the parents of successful EP holders, but the successful EP holder must earn a minimum of S$12,000.
Your application for a work permit was denied. So, what do you have to do now?
Notify your employment pass Singapore agency if your submission was unsuccessful. They’ll work closely with MOM to look at the possible reasons for the rejection – then, if necessary, they’ll help you file an appeal that specifically addresses these reasons.
Appeals are usually processed in 4-6 weeks and are likely to be rejected before MOM determines that the extra detail required is necessary.
How do you have your job visa renewed?
Authorities will mail an employment pass Singapore renewal form to your employer’s registered address three months before your EP expires. At least four weeks before your EP’s expiration date, you must send a renewal application to MOM.
Your company will be notified if your renewal application is approved. You must visit the MOM office to collect your latest EP.
Apply for a work permit today
You can live, work, and enjoy Singapore as an employment pass Singapore holder. Regardless of your country of birth, you would be among the most eligible candidates for consultant, managerial, and executive positions in the country’s private sector. If you want to get a work visa in Singapore, you’ll need to contact an agent. RenAi Group is a trustworthy firm that will assist you with securing a work visa that matches your credentials. Please notify us as soon as possible to begin the application process.