Digital technologies have eased the daily work across all industries. The fight for relevance and competitive edge makes it mandatory for all establishments to adopt the digital way of working. The education sector is not an exception. Although the curriculum may advance to make a time fit, educational institutes that fail to address advanced trends may lag behind in the competitive era. Universities are the parent source of education from where schools and colleges derive their legacy. To sustain in the era, progressive universities have already started working on digitalizing education along with digital working. To accomplish this mission, Vidyalaya came forward and collaborated with its signature university management software.
What is University management software?
University management software is software that is developed to reduce the challenges faced by a university and automate the functionalities of daily routine. It covers functionalities that conduct, monitor, and analyze the complex activities of the university and its affiliated colleges.
What are the benefits of the university management system?
One can definitely identify the difference between before and after implementation of a dedicated system for university management.
- It improves the quality of education by bringing efficiency in overall processes.
- It improves communication between stakeholders of the system using new ways like chat portals, emails, messaging.
- The cloud storage of the data tightens the security around the data and application restricting access to the authentic users only.
- Reduction in resource usage, be it time, paper, money.
How does university management software work?
University management software spans a large canvas so it is made up of a minimum of three modules.
- Admin Module
- Student Module
- Professor Module
This is the most superior level of use of any software. The access for the admin module helps to supervise and manage all gateways of other modules like the student and professor modules. Admin users have the right to access all modules and data.
The core functionalities of the admin module of the university management software include:
- Student management- This will help to manage the entire student data and its related details like registration number, personal data, academic data.
- Courseware management- Different courses are listed under this section. Admin users have the ability to add, delete, modify the content of course details.
- Timetable management- University timetable is managed through this section.
- Colleges management- A university has many affiliated colleges to it.
- Exam management- University exams are the most important part of any academic year.
- Admission management- The administrator can keep a tab on admission activities for different courses same time through this form.
- Fee Management- The administrator can have a glance at fee management under this section.
- Event Management- An academic year involves different events like annual days, librarian days.
As the university registers multiple students for multiple courses, the module should display the relevant information for the student’s course only. The dashboard of the student module includes access to live sessions, attendance reports, and other academic information-related forms.
Some functionalities are explained below:
- Timetable Management- Students can access the daily timetable along with detailed information about the subject of the lecture, timings, professor name, day.
- Attendance Management- Students can have attendance information like the number of days attended, lectures attended, number of leaves. A clear view of attendance will help students to get clarity.
- Exam Management- The exam timetable can be accessed through this module.
- Assignment Management- Students submit many assignments for each subject throughout the academic year.
- Exam Result- University management system software facilitates the students to view the results of exams. Students can access marks obtained, exam date, subject-wise marks.
- LMS module- In the digital era, it is necessary to have a Learning Management system for an educational institute. It will have links to resources related to the course, study material. Students can contact the teachers through the portal to get clarification on any subject.
Professors play the connection role between management and students along with the core functionality of teaching. The professor module will display all information that a professor will need like classes handled, a subject he/she teaches, course information, syllabus. The dashboard will give a quick review of today’s lectures, attendance for the lectures, assigned subjects.
Professor module covers the following functionalities:
- Courseware Management- Professors can access course details along with a detailed syllabus.
- Video Uploading- Professor can upload videos for topics explanation. The supported formats are specified in the form so that professors can upload videos or links for the videos.
- Attendance management- Professors can keep track of students’ attendance through this module. Subject-wise, class-wise, monthly, weekly, yearly attendance monitoring and sanctioning are possible through this form.
- Evaluator- Professor can evaluate the assignments and give remarks.
Universities have changed their way of working as time advances. Before some years ago, when there were no computers or no dedicated software, university staff used to accomplish all tasks manually right from preparing matters for a newspaper ad to displaying a final list of eligible candidates for a course. As we all know that humans have limitations that can cause errors in the daily routine, there was a need for dedicated university management software. Vidyalaya’s prominent product fulfills this requirement to the fullest and offers feature-rich software that will streamline the university’s diverse activities and will bring efficiencies in the processes.